Thursday, January 1, 2009

BOY DAY!!!

As I hang out with the lil dude today, on New Year's, I am thinking of the many memorable boy days that Pops and I have enjoyed over the years. Of course, the one's that I most vividly recall occurred before picture in picture and occurred before the BCS ruined New Year's Day football... These memories involve collecting all of the TV's in the house, hooking up rabbit ears and watching ALL of the games throughout the day! We would hole up in the basement and watch 10 or 12 ballgames, leaving only to go upstairs and grab some of the snacks that Mom had cooked up for us.
Michael will not remember anything from today, but I cannot help to hope and pray that this is the first of many memorable boy days that he and I will share. I also hope that they have such a profound impact on Michael's life as the one's with Pops had on me.
Here's hoping that everyone of you has a terrific New Year and that we all can take the time to cherish every moment that we have with those we love and care about!


No comments: